5 Life Tips to Reach Your Full Potential
Have you ever wondered why some people are successful and others are not? Perhaps the answer is whether or not you are willing to continue investing in yourself for a lifetime. Here are 5 life tips to help you succeed and reach your full potential:
1. Formal Education. Some people believe that once they get their high school diploma or college degree, their education ends right there. I remember getting my diploma thinking, “This is it? This piece of paper is what I worked so hard for?” I was so happy to finally be a teacher, but I wanted more. As Jim Rohn said, “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
2. Self Taught Education. Formal education ends when we leave school; whereas, self-education lasts a lifetime. A few months after I completed my master’s degree in 2008, my first husband passed away. Soon after, I developed a passion for photography. I realized that after someone passes, the photographs and videos are all we have left. I had a deep desire to capture all of the precious moments with my daughter and became a self-taught photographer.
A few years later, I invested time learning all I could to become a successful self-taught makeup artist. I fell in love with the satisfaction that came from building women’s self-esteem through beauty and financial freedom. I love that I can strive to meet new goals and help other women do the same.
3. Personal Development. There are so many ways to utilize personal development opportunities to learn from others to practice what we want to perfect such as reading, attending conferences and classes, and watching videos. A huge part of being successful is remaining coachable and realizing we aren’t ever done learning. It is important to continue to invest in ourselves and in our passions for a lifetime. In doing so, we will reach our fullest potential.
4. Mind and Body. When we take care of our health, we function better; whether that means eating healthy, getting a massage, building a relationship with a higher power, etc. When we take care of our mind and body, it is easier to focus on what matters.
5. Risk Taking. It is easy to stay in our comfort zone and not take risks. You have heard of bucket lists, right? That list of things you have always wanted to do but are too scared to do? As Mark Zuckerberg said, “The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that’s changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
As an entrepreneur, always strive to be the best possible version of you. Step outside your comfort zone and take risks because that’s where the magic happens.
Lauren B. Aven
My name is Lauren B Aven. I am a wife, mother of 2 girls, high school teacher, and entrepreneur. When I was introduced to network marketing in 2014 with Younique, I found a new and exciting way to make an even greater difference in the lives of others. My life's mission is to uplift, empower, and validate women to look and feel beautiful and lead them to live the life they love.