Be Limitless! 5 Steps to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? Darius Rucker’s new song asks that same question, and it resonated with me. It is a valid question we should all ask ourselves from time to time, whenever we feel ourselves settling into a routine that seems just a little too comfortable or a little too easy.
A few months ago, I took a huge leap outside my comfort zone and jumped into a business that forced me to face my fears and to believe in myself. My whole life I have been the epitome of a wallflower, never wanting to stand out or make myself known. Not being great at small talk or starting conversations, I usually let people talk to me. First, I would send emails or texts rather than make phone calls or converse face-to-face.
Then I was introduced to a business opportunity that could give me the lifestyle I have always wanted: freedom to work when I wanted from where I wanted! How could I say no? The catch? The business is 100% network marketing…in other words, I would have to talk to people…face to face! Um, what!?
I was (and still am!) extremely apprehensive about what this required of me…basically stepping way outside my comfort zone into unknown territory. But, I couldn’t pass up this opportunity to create the life I wanted.
Here are 5 steps I have learned that are helping me face my fears and dive into the unknown:
1. Surround Yourself with Positivity – Through my business opportunity, I was introduced to an awesome network whose main purpose is to support, encourage, and believe in YOU! They want you to succeed on an equal level to their desire to succeed! Their belief in you translates into your belief in you!
2. Embrace the Awkward – Remember the first time you rode a bike? Or started at a new school? In the beginning, it was awkward and uncomfortable, but over time you adjusted, and before you knew it, you can’t remember a time when you didn’t know what you were doing!
3. Your Attitude Determines Your Direction – You attract the energy you put out in the world! Stepping outside your comfort zone may raise your heart rate and cause your palms to sweat. Don’t let your anxiety impede your positive thoughts about your journey. It could end up derailing your forward momentum.
4. Face Your Fears – Identifying your fear of the unknown and going forward despite that will ultimately feel better than giving in to your fear and giving up! (Check out Feel the Fear…and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers, Ph.D.).
5. Be Limitless! – Know your worth! Once you believe that you can succeed at whatever you put your mind to and recognize that there are no boundaries to your ability, you will be open to the unlimited potential that you have!
With these five steps in your toolkit, stepping outside your comfort zone will fill you with excitement not dread. So, believe in yourself and BE LIMITLESS!