Five Tips to Eating Clean & Fitting Into Your Favorite Jeans
To be beautiful on the outside, you must start with taking care of yourself on the inside.
I had my second baby almost two years ago. I gained 50 pounds with her and wasn’t sure if I would be able to lose it all. I don’t believe in diets, but I do believe in eating healthy. Diets are just temporary, but eating clean is a lifestyle.
Recently I got on the scale and saw that I lost the 50 pounds I had gained with my baby plus an extra 4 pounds! I wanted to share five tips that helped me lose the weight:
1. Avoid eating fast food. Instead, try grabbing a rotisserie chicken from Costco or the deli section of the grocery store (Sprouts is my favorite) for a sandwich. Create a menu and grab groceries on the weekend so that you can make quick (30 minutes or less) healthy meals and aren’t forced to grab something at the last minute.
2. Stay away from anything packaged, processed, or full of ingredients you can’t pronounce. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store and stick to your premade list. Think of your groceries as fuel for your body. If it swims in the sea, walks on the ground, or grows in the soil or on trees, it is ok!
3. Find healthy substitutes. Clean out your pantry and toss all foods that contain refined sugar; just make sure to do it when your kids are not home! (LOL)
It’s best to get your sugar from fruits and veggies. Try sticking to foods that have less than 6 grams of sugar per serving. Want a French baguette? Get quinoa or brown rice. Want yogurt but want to avoid dairy? Try coconut yogurt. Want some chips? Try some berries. They are your best weight loss option.
4. Avoid soda, energy drinks, alcohol, and juice. Drink water and milk (unsweetened almond or coconut are great alternatives to dairy) instead. Coffee is ok, too. Try stevia as a sugar alternative in your coffee. The occasional glass of white wine won’t hurt (red wine can make you bloated), but a beer is full of empty calories.
5. Exercise. Take baby steps when you first begin. You don’t need to spend hours in the gym. You can go for a 20-minute walk every day and it will make a huge difference.
Whether it is to fit into your favorite pair of jeans, to be healthy for your children, or to feel beautiful in your skin, find your motivation. When you find your motivation, think of that when you write your grocery list and go to the store. Remember, if you don’t buy it and it’s not in your house, you won’t eat it! Once you start bringing healthy food into your home, you will be more likely to build a habit of living a healthy lifestyle. You will begin to feel beautiful on the inside and the outside, too.
LAUREN B. AVEN, M.A.
My name is Lauren B Aven. I am a wife, mother of 2 girls, high school teacher, and entrepreneur. When I was introduced to network marketing in 2014 with Younique, I found a new and exciting way to make an even greater difference in the lives of others. My life's mission is to uplift, empower, and validate women to look and feel beautiful and lead them to live the life they love.